Serve this versatile dip with pita bread and fresh vegetables or as sauce for grilled meat or vegetables.
- 2 medium cloves garlic – peeled and minced into paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 medium cucumber – peeled
- 1 cup King’s Creamery natural or low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mint and paprika to garnish
Mix garlic with salt in a bowl.
Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; scrape out and discard seeds. Coarsely grate cucumber flesh or mince finely with knife.
Squeeze grated or chopped cucumber firmly to extract as much juice as possible; discard juice and add squeezed flesh to bowl with garlic.
Add yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper, stirring together well. Season with more salt to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Garnish with mint and a sprinkle of paprika and serve.
Copyright © Kings Creamery 2019